Ms. Tahura Farbin is a Lecturer-cum-Research Associate at the Center for Sustainable Development. She has a transdisciplinary background with a Bachelor of Laws from University of London and a Master of Science in Environmental Studies and Sustainability Science from Lund University, Sweden. Her transdisciplinary background has prepared her to understand the natural science basis of today’s environmental challenges, the governance of our socio-ecological systems, how these relate to our economic structures and how to go about putting scientific knowledge into action.
She has been part of the DICE project at Lund University Centre for Sustainability Studies (LUCSUS) since 2020. As a Visiting Research Fellow at LUCSUS she was responsible for the Bangladesh case study on Loss and Damage, finding gaps in policy and practice to shed light on how L&D policy can be designed in Bangladesh. She has also worked as a consultant with Brot für die Welt in identifying the Needs of Least Developed Countries to address Climate induced L&D both at the local and national level.
M.Sc. in Environmental Studies and Sustainability Science, Lund University, Sweden
Bachelor of Laws, University of London, UK
Sustainability, Climate Justice, Climate Induced Loss and Damage, Climate Change and Migration, Political Ecology.
Research and Scholarship:
- Conducting literature review on losses and damages from climate impacts in four LDC country mainly Bangladesh, Nepal, Senegal, and The Gambia.
- Designing in-depth interview questions as well as in organizing and carrying out interviews with different stakeholder groups such as researchers, policymakers, civil society organizations and community groups from the four LDC countries.
- Carrying out qualitative data analysis of in-depth interviews.
- Producing two policy briefs on the Needs of LDCs and Civil Society Organizations to address L&D in least developed countries.
- Published a policy brief on Loss and Damage in Bangladesh with input from policy makers, practitioners and scientists in the field of L&D, DRR, & CCA.